News and Announcements
Please click the attached document for more information.
Please make sure you have Registered before these dates so we can have you on our Evaluation Sheets and have your tag already made & waiting for you.
Please arrive 15 minutes for check in.
Evaluations are Rain or Shine, please bring runners and cleats.
Players already on Major Teams do not need to attend.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Ump Training begins Feb 9th.
I am excited to have received a number of enthusiastic responses to my email from last weekend. Thank you to all who have responded so far. If you have not responded yet, please do so by the end of this week.
I am pleased to attach to this notice the 2016 Umpire Development Calendar. These sessions will be fun and interactive and will include mechanics and rules enforcement review for both 60’ and 70’ and up diamonds. Please note that the locations for the first 5 training dates are being finalized this week. I will send a final update for umpire development later this week with confirmed details and any changes to locations.
Please make sure to go over the dates and details of the sessions and mark them on your calendars. Also, if you know of anyone who may be interested in umpiring, please feel free to pass on the umpire development calendar to them and invite them to attend the training sessions.
I have received a couple of frequently asked questions which I would like to address here:
-I have attended or am planning to attend training elsewhere. Do I need to attend training at Whalley? – Yes. As the new Umpire-in-Chief, it is important for me to understand where you are in your skill development. The best way for me to do this is to see you in action at these training.
-I have a Level 1 or Level 2. Do I need to attend the training at Whalley? –Yes. Having a Level 1 or Level 2 doesn’t tell me anything about how you might re-act in a game situation or where you are in your actual skill development. It only tells me you have attended and completed the Clinics for these levels. Seeing you in action at these training will allow me to better understand where you are in your development.
Thank you and I look forward to working with all of you soon.
Whalley Little League
Please sign up to secure your spot.
*It’s a great way for kids to try the sport of baseball or brush up on their skills.
Recipient #4 Sport of Baseball
• This recipient began his love for baseball in his home country of Australia where he played until moving to Canada to pursue his baseball aspirations. Here he met his wife, decided to stay and raise a family.
• His involvement in baseball now spans more than 40 years as a player, coach, mentor, and administrator, and most recently as the current president of the Whalley Little League baseball association.
• His leadership style engages the membership to share a vision of excellence, not only for the development of the sport and related facilities, but also for the greater good of the community.
• This recipient has been instrumental in the development of improved amenities within Whalley Ball Park, such as a totally renovated indoor training facility, a new multifunction score clock and structural improvements to other assets within this storied park.
• On many summer nights and weekends, you will find him handling the most arduous of tasks, from raking the infields, to cutting the outfields, to chalking the foul lines.
• This recipient represents the true essence of community engagement and unselfish volunteerism at the grass roots level.
• His work ethic, leadership and vision are truly an inspiration to all who have come to know and respect him.
• On behalf of the City of Surrey, I would like to present this deserving award for his contributions towards the sport of “Baseball” within the city of Surrey to Gavin Burke.